Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Moving On

And so it comes to pass that I have accepted a job in Michigan. Through all the mental hopscotch and emotional roller coaster rides I have been through in the last few weeks, I believe I can say that I am looking forward to a change. Granted, this is a drastic change, but that is typically how my life works: stagnation for years, then KA-BOOM!, drastic change.

Now comes the daunting task that I will loathe with deep passion: moving. For as many times as I have moved in my life, one would tend to think that I should be accustomed to doing it. Nades, I prefer root canal without anesthesia versus moving.

But, I only have a few short weeks before I am to begin my new position, so I must force myself to pack boxes, call moving companies, find a new place to live, etc. It's really all a bit too much for one person to handle. My beloved feline gets to relax and wonder what the hell her human is doing. Sadly, she will probably have to fly to MI because there is no fucking way in hell I am going to endure her in my car for 2 days, freaking out and driving me off the road. Been there, done that, got the dents in my car to prove it.

So, um, yeah....I won't be making very many entries for a while. But, who cares? It's not like I am a major source of news or entertainment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You are a major source of amusment for me, kiddo! I can't blame you with flying the kitten over. I drove 4 hours with mine, but I had to give him major drugs. Can't believe you are powering down all of your computer central.
Smile sunshine, it is a brand new day. And I'm not kidding dammit!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home