Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Insanity

I have arrived at the blissful state of mental disdain. Any shred of common sense has eluded my train of thought. Yes, I am attempting to re-locate.

So, how many boxes have I packed? Zero. Do I have a new address yet? No. Have I even taken out the garbage tonight? Nope.

What the hell am I doing? Shutting down all cerebral processes in the face of panic.

I keep telling myself that I need to get started. I have acquired appropriate packing materials. I have made appointments with moving companies to give me quotes. I have contacted potential landlords. I have given my 2 week notice. 2 weeks. 2 weeks to re-locate 1300 miles. Holy fucking shit. I must be insane.

Oh, yeah, to top that off, my present job insists on burying me with more "emergency" requests than 911 calls in Florida. Oh, wait, I am sure the phone lines are down, never mind.

Finally, one last thing to set my nerves off like a soaking wet electric fence: After almost 5 years of trying to get in a band, a local group will have me on stage this Friday - at my going away bash - to perform one song, one they don't even do. It has been 15 years since I was on a stage. I will definitely need a couple of shots before I attempt to do that.

So, why the hell am I posting? Shouldn't I be doing something more productive? Um...yeah, I should, but I am not.

If I live through this, it will be a miracle. And if I don't, it will be my own fault.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home