Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Holy Snapping Sushi Batman!

Christ on a stick! It's been so damn long since I posted, I forgot my damn password! The hoops I had to go through to get back in were not too cumbersome, but were still annoying.

So, um, like....yeah. It's not like there hasn't been anything to write about in all these past months. Just haven't felt like it. Why today? Shit, I dunno...why not? Probably because I have about 40 minutes left at work today and just didn't feel like working anymore. In fact, I don't feel like working any more at all. Wish I could retire and just play for the rest of my life. Yeah...good luck with that...

Made tremendous strides with the yard this year. Sadly, MI has been in a drought, and my back yard is a nice shade of toast brown. But, hey...all the 9 years of overgrowth is gone, all the garbage is gone, and it almost looks like someone who actually gives a shit lives in my house!

I had lots of fantastic help. A lot came from my mother. Once she left, I undid most of what she had changed. Just not into lawn ornaments or plant labels. Nor am I into orange day lillys prominently displayed in the front of my house. But she did a lot of weeding and whacking, so that was a bonus. Oh, yeah, she is moving near me too....great.... I love my mother...but prefer her in smaller doses (haven't I said that before???)

But the most amazing thing that has happened to me since I last posted is the grand miracle of all miracles. I swore to myself that I would never do this again (not to mention that I prefer to not write about my personal stuff here), but I asked a wonderful woman to marry me. I have heard from many that the third time is a charm, but all I know is that I love this woman more than I ever knew it was possible to love someone.

In a related story, I recently found out just how psychotic my last girlfriend really is. You would think that by moving 1300 miles away, that would pretty much indicate the end of the show. But we tried the "let's remain friends" thing and when I told her I was getting married, she proceeded to call incessantly leaving me explicit voice mails on how she blew my best (and herpetic) friend. To top that off, she later sent me an e-mail expressing her devotion and willingness to do anything to be with me again. All I could think of was "Was that going through your mind while you were blowing my best friend?" I politely told her to fuck off. I hope she does call or e-mail again so I can offer her some names and numbers of other friends for her to have sexcapades with.

Wow...ranted more about psycho that the good stuff. Not good....

So...back to the good life.....

We don't have a definite wedding date in mind...it's slightly more complicated when we live 50 miles and a state apart. But, I am in this for the long haul. This is my final shot at the grand prize and I plan to make this one work.

When one thinks about previous relationships, there is always one constant: you. So, reflection on my earlier two mistakes, I had to wonder if it was just me that was wrong. I pondered that for about 13 seconds and decided: "No, they were all freaking nuts." That seems to work very well for me. I know I have my quirks and oddities, but who cares?

For now, I am the happiest I have ever been in my life and I intend to stay that way.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice(and personal) post, Gern. The third time is definately your charm. You are absolutely loved as much in return. And, yes, they were all crazy!!!

7:13 PM  
Blogger immixmarketer said...

Thanks for maintaining the link.
I'm back.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home