Thursday, August 10, 2006

Taking the Plunge

I finally decided to make an offer on my grandparents' house. Silly as it may sound, it's just something I have to do. I have met and schmoozed with the current owner several times. She is 94 and knows who I am and why I want the house. So, if it happens, it does. If not...well, there are plenty of houses to see in this area, and many are quite affordable.

Sometimes I am amazed at how calm I can be about big, serious decisions. Yet, if I can't seem to find the right brand of hot sauce in the grocery store, I lose it. I guess it really is the little shit that drives ya crazy. That's probably why I am borderline certifiable on any given day.

So, um, yeah...I am supposed to hear about my offer sometime tomorrow. It would be so damn weird and yet so incredible to have that house as my own. I think I need a drink or two to let this one settle...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If it feels right, then it is the right decision. I didn't think I was ready for this place, but it seriously just fell into my lap. It stressed me out a little, but the benefits truly outweighed the minute issues in getting here.
Heard anything yet?

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home